Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Some garage sale finds

Yay, finally got to go to a couple of garage sales on Saturday morning and came home with a few things!
I have a plan for this lamp. I've already sanded it back and will paint it white. I'll remove the shade and replace it with this one

At one of the garage sales they had a couple of boxes of old china plates, cups and saucers. I spent a bit of time going through the boxes and found the above saucer and cup that matched. I also managed to find a plate, cup and saucer set which I loved as it had pretty pink roses on it. When I went to pay for them, they guy said "Oh you've found a set, I didn't realise there were any amongst all that. Do you mind if I keep it!!!"  What could I say? So, I just ended up bringing the above set home and left the other one there. Was I too kind? Should I have jumped up and down?


5 comments:

Pip said... Reply to comment

Grrr, I would have hated that especially after you spent all that time finding it. Maybe if next time you do that and find another set, get someone else to buy the saucer separately with their stuff, although sometimes mismatched china looks great too.

Niki said... Reply to comment

great goodies, I think that lamp will look great!

Alison said... Reply to comment

That lamp should come up a treat and as for the set that you didn't get, a bummer, but that happens sometimes and you still got a lovely cup and saucer, you could match it with a plain pink plate. I hope you got them at a cheaper price for your kindness.

Lorraine said... Reply to comment

The lamp will look great when you have finished....what DO you say when something like that happens...If I had been selling it I would have taken it as my bad luck that I hadn't looked hard enough...but ........his perogative I guess!

Bev C said... Reply to comment

Hello Annette,

Oh you found some beauties, I don't know what I would have done about the china, I wonder if they belonged to his Mother and he was feeling a bit guilty for selling them.
Good luck with your lamp.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...