Friday, April 1, 2011

A bit of this and that!

The end of another working week. Haven't done too much in the way of crafting this week. The smocking of my cushion is complete but will wait until Wednesday night to find out how to do the next part of it, so the photos are coming!!

You probably all have this recipe but these 'savoury fingers' are a great meal when you're after something quick and easy.
Recipe
Spread slices of bread with a small amount of butter (dripping or lard was used back in the early days!). Beat 1 egg, add enough grated cheese to thicken, 1 dessertspoon of Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce. Mix altogether and spread on bread. Place strips of cut up bacon on each slice. Bake in a moderate over until crisp. The quantities depends on how many slices you are making. The above makes about 2 slices.

I love tulip fields. I think I might have featured some tulip field pictures before on my blog but I just find their vibrant colors so amazing. It's like a patchwork of flowers. Here are some images of them. Imagine flying over these fields, what a spectacle that would be.
And a tulip festival

Here is a picture of my humble albeit synthetic tulips!!

I think I had enough pink in this post to join Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for 'Pink Saturday' !


8 comments:

Naturally Carol said... Reply to comment

I've just spent some lovely minutes catching up with your posts I haven't read! I enjoyed your pictures of the spring bulb fields too. The recipe you have given here looks like the Welsh Rarebit recipe I learned many years ago at school..I don't think we put bacon in it then though..it looks a lot nicer than I remember.

Alison said... Reply to comment

Mmmm yummy! Looks to me like a perfect Sunday night dinner.

Love the colours of the tulips Amazing!

Pip said... Reply to comment

One of the first things I learn at Home Economics was something very similar to your "Savoury Fingers" they make a great quick snack when you want something to eat but don't want to spend ages on it.
Those tulip fields are just stunning,
it's easy to see which colours are the most popular.

Bev C said... Reply to comment

Hello Annette,

We used to have something similar to this as kids, I think we just had grated cheese and the sauce though. I used to make it for my children to and remembered about it a while back and made myself some. Love the photo's of the tulips, are they taken in Tassie or where?
Have a great weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Unknown said... Reply to comment

Yum! I'd never seen this recipe before so thank you! The tulip fields truly are gorgeous! We live in Mount Vernon, Washington where our tulip festival will begin here in just a few weeks!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Deb said... Reply to comment

thanks for the yummy recipe!

i just love tulips and i'm hoping to have some of my own next spring!

happy weekend! ~deb~

Pinkim said... Reply to comment

I love the colors in the pictures and yes...quite enough pink for a Pink Saturday post...just catching up on the blogs I follow and that includs yours...Pinkim from TrulySimplyPink

Kathy said... Reply to comment

Oh my goodness, those tulip fields are amazing! I have never seen anything like that before. Glad I stopped back by to see your "pinks" (but the blues were very nice as well!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...