Saturday, October 13, 2012

From my camera!

Life is starting to get back to some sort of 'normality'. Mum and Dad are now settled into their new 'low care' facility at Resthaven Paradise. It is a lovely complex with very caring and helpful staff. They have 2 rooms which are almost opposite each other, but we have been able to set one up as their bedroom and the other as their lounge room, so they have their own private space away from the communial lounge to enjoy a cuppa with friends and family.

As you would be aware due to many trips down to Adelaide to be with M&D over the past couple of months, my blogging has taken a back seat, so I'll just show a few photos of what I managed to take along the way!

One of the great things about heading to Adelaide regularly has been catching up with my sisters more...I usually stay with Bronny (above) when we're down.
We enjoyed a delicious Pizza at her local Italian Restaurant...yum!

Exciting Times....Our youngest son Daniel and partner Telesha, move into their new house this weekend...we've really enjoyed watching it all come together.
Now they have the fun part of making it their home.
 Managed to have a wardrobe cleanout...how many shoes can one girl have!!

Not sure if this is genius or I'm just behind the times with shoe organisation, but a rubber band around the pairs of shoes has made my life so much easier in finding and keeping my motley collection together.
A box ready to go to the Opp Shop.

This was a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, a Croissant and Hazelnut Pudding...delicious!  Just cut croissants in half and smother with Nutella, place in a baking dish and cover with custard (I used the bought custard)...bake. This tastes amazing and soooo easy. I'd never tried nutella as I thought it would have been too rich but I keep a jar in my cupboard now!

 Isn't this wedding cake lovely...I pinned it from Pinterest.


Hopefully I'll get back into more regular posts from now on and will start visiting your blogs again. Enjoy your weekend.






6 comments:

Lorraine said... Reply to comment

You have been busy! Great to gt some family time....lots of changes with parents and children starting new phases of their lives. ...and yes...I have seen as many pairs of shoes...just helped my daughter move house.....! :)

Hayu Maselli said... Reply to comment

Hello Annette,

Just found your blog at mariette's today...happy to found you.
so many pairs of shoes ..
have a busy time then..
Have agood day

Bev C said... Reply to comment

Hello Annette,

I am so happy for your parents to have a room in the same home and they do seem settled.
Congrats to your son and his friend on their new home.
Pairing shoes is always a good idea. I was told even when you donate them to charity to join them together as so many pairs go astray.
The recipe sounds delish.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said... Reply to comment

Dearest Annette,

You could have visited my cousin/sis in Adelaide... I have actually three cousins living there; her two brothers as well. But I certainly do understand what you went through the last couple of months. It comes with the package, it is a hard part for seeing the parents go down, facing their final journey on earth. But it sounds like they have nested again and things will go well.
Hugs to you and you don't need to apologize ever as FAMILY comes first!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Naturally Carol said... Reply to comment

I Annette, it must be a huge relief to have your M & D in a safe, attractive place where they will get the care they need. It will be lovely here to see more of you.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

what a relief for you that your mum and dad are now settled and wow you sons new house looks gorgeous.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...