Monday, February 29, 2016

Easy Tuna Pie

I have many favourite recipes that have stood the test of time...most of them have been ones that Mum or my Mother-in-law used to make.

One of those is Tuna Pie. It has a savoury biscuit base and the ingredients are a one bowl mix. So easy!

I made it last week, and remembered to take photos as I prepared it.

 Biscuit Base...I use the Chicken Drumstick biscuits - Mum used to use Jatz
 I snipped some chives
 Mixed the ingredients together
 Baked

 Served with a fresh salad

Here is the Recipe
Base: 1½ - 2 cups of savoury biscuits and 3 oz butter melted.
Combine and press into a pie plate - let set in fridge while preparing the filling.

Filling: 3/4 can evaporated milk, 2 beaten eggs, ¼ cup grated cheese, 1tsp mustard (I use mustard sauce), ½ cup chopped celery, 1 onion (I used chives), 425g tin of Tuna.
You can add other things  - I added sweetcorn this time too.

Drain the Tuna and combine all ingredients. Pour into base. Sprinkle with extra grated cheese. Cook in moderate over for about ½ - 3/4 hr.

It's really nice the next day for lunch too!

I spent the weekend painting a couple of walls in our family room. We have ordered a new lounge suite which we won't get for another few weeks yet. I wanted to give the room a fresh new look, so the process has started.

I will reveal it once I've finished. Here is a little teaser!


Some of you may have seen some interviews that James Cordon has done with well known musicians. I love the one with Adele....make a cuppa, I'm sure you will love it. How good is HIS voice too?

https://youtu.be/Nck6BZga7TQ
Click here to see and hear it https://youtu.be/Nck6BZga7TQ 

Hope your week is a happy one.





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...